Saturday, June 2, 2007

Old El Paso Soft Taco Bake (R) Dinner


My family loves Mexican or Tex-Mex food, and Mr. Incredible (my husband) loves Taco Bell's Mexican pizza. When he saw Old El Paso's Soft Taco Bake (R) Dinner, he was intrigued and asked me to buy a couple of boxes.

I made two boxes for our family of 5. Each box makes one 4-layer (flat) soft taco. First, you cook the meat, then you assemble the layers: tortilla then taco meat. Repeat the layers, ending with the ground beef on top. Top with the cheese sauce in the pouch, and bake for 15 minutes. We topped our soft tacos with lettuce, tomato, olives, and jalapenos.

My opinion:
  • Taste - excellent
  • Difficulty - very easy
  • Cost - reasonable (Each box costs about $2 and is supposed to feed four. Hm.)
  • Overall - very good; my only disappointment lies in the fact that I could have made this myself from scratch had I known what it was.
If you are hungry for Tex-Mex food, try Old El Paso's Soft Taco Bake (R) Dinner.

clip art courtesy of fotosearch.com

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've made this a few times too. It was good. Hubby really liked it. I was disappointed though b/c it wasn't as good as Taco Bell's.

Revka said...

No, it's not quite as good as Taco Bell's Mexican Pizza, but we still like it. It's always nice when Hubby likes what you cook. :)

Anonymous said...

Yes, I know. Sometimes he is so hard to please. And I thought the kids were picky. LOL

Anonymous said...

I will try it tonight my friends all say is it so yummy and now i have a ceaving for mexican like you would not belive. Tricia ontari cananda our ood products are just better here!

Anonymous said...

People should read this.