Friday, June 8, 2007

Modesty on the 'Net

Since my post about Christa Taylor.com, a retail website that offers modestly trendy clothing, I have come across more modesty-related news and websites. (Thanks to MInTheGap, whose search, accessed through my stat counter, led me down several other modesty trails.)

Please note: while it may be that not everything in each of the following linked sites falls within the bounds of modesty according to my definition or yours, small changes eventually led to great change.

Modesty on the WWC Campus offers links to modesty resources including modesty-driven retailers Down East Basics, Modbe Clothing, Shade Clothing, and the aforementioned Christa Taylor.

In modesty news, an 18 year old high school graduate won the Catholic Standard and Times' Modest Fashion Design Contest. Caroline Boyk is an upcoming artist who plans to study graphic illustration. She combined her artistic talent with her modest dress standards to create the winning design. It is heartening to see modesty encouraged an embraced.

According to US News.com, Britney Spears and other celebrities have negatively impacted fashion standards to the point that people are creating their own lines of modest apparel: think Shade Clothing and MikaRose. I applaud these entrepreneurs!

Modesty Zone is a website devoted to, you guessed it, modesty. Keep up with modesty-related news with their What We Are Reading page.

Do you have a modesty-related story or resource to share?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link. I'm glad I helped you find some more interesting stuff. It's a fascinating topic, modesty. I was talking more today with a frequent commentor on my site, and I think I'll have to do some more posts on the topic!

Anonymous said...

You're quite welcome, M. I like your site, BTW. Modesty is a broad subject, and I am sure you would have material for several posts based on this subject.

Anonymous said...

Hi Revka,

Since I won the last contest you and Mamascoffeecorner ran, I thought I'd let you know that Babylune is hosting a group writing contest starting tomorrow (June 11). It would be great if you could participate.

The prize is $24.95 from Amazon or Cash.

Revka said...

Thanks, Kate! I appreciate the heads up. :)