Monday, June 4, 2007

Great Value Dishwashing Detergent



Thanks to my friend, Karen, I recently learned yet again that expensive does not necessarily equal best. Like Karen, I was never satisfied with my dishwasher's performance. In fact, I washed the majority of our dishes by hand. I felt like hand washing saved electricity and produced better results.

When I read Karen's post about Wal-Mart's Great Value Dishwashing Detergent (powder form), I decided to give it a shot. Yep, Karen and Consumer Reports were both correct. My dishes came out clean. Aparently, the magic is the enzymes in the powder. These enzymes eat through the food left on dishes. In fact, Consumer Reports advises against prerinsing your dishes that you are going to put through the dishwasher. That saves time, water, electricity, and labor! What's not to love?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep, it's a win, win. I bought the Sam's brand too, which is even cheaper than the Wal-Mart. I had great results with it too.

Revka said...

Thanks for the tip! Cheap and effective wins my prize.

Shinie said...

I've used since CR gave it the thumbs up. It's been great!

Revka said...

CR is such a great resource for cutting through all the advertising hype. I really love this detergent!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe I went all those years scrubbing and prerinsing dishes. I'm glad we've found this great and inexpensive product!

Barbara Allison Bailey said...

I was searching for a new set of flatware from Reed & Barton and found negative comments about rusting problems posted on Amazon. The Reed & Barton says that both citrus and bleach found in dishwashing detergents cause the rust, so buy one that doesn't contain either GREAT VALUE POWDER from Walmart.