Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Modest yet trendy apparel - finally!

I was thrilled by an e-mail I received last week via my contact form at my personal blog, The Porch Light. In it, Mr. Taylor asked me to take a look at a new website offering modest, trendy, cute clothing. He stated that this business is owned and operated by a Christian family who is "committed to contributing at least 30% of [their] profits to extending the gospel and social justice around the world." Immediately intrigued by the premise of the business, for modest clothing is often not cute, I hurried off to take a look.

I was very pleased with what I found. Christa Taylor.com offers cutely modest clothing in Juniors and Misses sizes. Prices are comparable to that of clothing in department stores. For being a new site, I thought they had a good variety of clothing from which to choose. I assume that they will add more items as they continue to build their site. Their collections include skirts, dresses, tops, accessories, and swimwear. Some of my favorite pieces are their brown eyelet skirt ($30), long paneled denim skirt ($29), and the Kenziegirl dress ($49, available in white and lead).

Go ahead and take a look. I think you, too, will be pleased with their clothing. I know I'm bookmarking Christa Taylor.com and will visit often.

logo courtesy of Christa Taylor.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's great that there are actually stores out there geared toward being modest. Thanks for the link-- I'll pass it along to my wife.

Sakura Rose said...

Just wanted to offer an additional option: I, too, recently started a small online boutique that offers modest, stylish clothing. Please visit www.sakurarose.com and let me know what you think!