Thursday, October 25, 2007

Spot Shot Carpet Stain Remover

photo courtesy of Spot Shot's website

You do know that I only recommend products I use and like, right? Trust me, I have used Spot Shot Carpet Stain Remover quite often! I found it through a recommendation in How the Queen Cleans Everything by Linda Cobb (The Queen of Clean). The cleaner is available at Wal-Mart and costs less than $4.

So why do I love this cleaner? Yesterday was a prime example. My two year old daughter, Baby Bear, got into the chest freezer I had forgotten to lock. Unbeknownst to me, she got out a quart bag of frozen blueberries and took them into our living room, where she proceeded to dump them onto our beige carpet. When I found the mess, I carefully picked up all the blueberries, but since they had already thawed, multitudes of round purple dots adorned our floor.

I was really freaking out at this point because even though I love Spot Shot, I didn't think that it would work well on blueberry stains, and I didn't have any Clorox(r) Oxi Magic, nor could I pour boiling water on the stains - two methods recommended for removing berry stains. I decided to at least try Spot Shot.

As soon as I sprayed the stains, they turned blue instead of reddish purple. Before I could even blot the stains, they had faded so that I had to feel for wet spots in order to blot my carpet. Whew! Crisis averted!

So... I highly recommend Spot Shot. Using this as my carpet spotter of choice saved my day yesterday!

No comments: