Thursday, October 4, 2007

Author Jan Karon

I love to read. My favorite books include (but are not limited to) classics by authors as Charles Dickens, Jane Austen, and J. R. R. Tolkien. I also enjoy well-written Christian fiction, but that isn't always easy to find.

I was very happy when I received a special assignment to review Booksfree.com on my personal blog, The Porch Light. The assignment came with the added bonus of trying out their service. I had heard good reviews of Jan Karon's Mitford series and decided to order them.

Her books were as good as I had heard. The characters are engaging, the writing has substance (not fluff), and the story itself is entertaining. In fact, I found myself laughing out loud many times. I did not find any curse words or inappropriate intimacy in either of the two books I read.

The only problem is that now that I have read the first two books in the series, I am eager to read the other seven, but I have yet to make it to the library to check them out. Actually, I'm not even sure where the library is, and we have lived here nearly two years. How sad is that?!

If you have not yet read Jan Karon's books, I highly recommend them.

No comments: