Friday, July 6, 2007

Peanut Butter Everywhere!

clip art courtesy of fotosearch.com

This morning, Pookie Bear, my oldest daughter, decided to try to make peanut butter milk. She thought that she could mix peanut butter and milk like she does chocolate syrup and milk. Abandoning her futile attempts, she left the cup of milk and the open peanut butter jar on the table for Baby Bear, my youngest daughter, to find.

Find them she did! she knocked over the cup of milk and dug her bare hands into the peanut butter jar. I only found out when she came looking for me to ask me to clean her hands. What a mess! The peanut butter was not only on her hands but also on her legs and stomach and on the table and chair where she had been standing.

You know how oily and sticky peanut butter is. I'm happy to report that I found a cleaner that cut right through it: dish soap foam. I have a Pampered Chef suds pump that I fill with a mixture of dish soap and water and keep on the ledge of my kitchen sink. After attempting to remove the peanut butter with paper towels and regular soap, I decided to try to dish soap foam. Magic! It removed the peanut butter with no scrubbing or rubbing.

So if you find yourself in my situation, remember to try dish soap or even just its suds.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ugh! That reminds me of the chocolate situation we had here a few months ago. Glad you got it out.