Monday, June 9, 2008

New Zealand

It's no secret that I would like to travel the world. In addition to traveling Europe, I would like to visit New Zealand. I actually have a blogging friend who lives in NZ, and I enjoy reading her blog and catching glimpses of everyday life in that country. I am always fascinated when she refers to gas as petrol or uses other colloquialisms. (I bet she finds some of my words and phrases just as fascinating.)

While I would love to visit, I don't think I'd want to go so far as to move to New Zealand. Despite the downward spiral in which I see my country engaged, I love being a citizen of the United States of America. I don't think there is another country on Earth that can compare to our great land.

Have you ever considered leaving your native land for another country? Would New Zealand residency tempt you to leave the land of your birth?

No comments: